Stapleton Middle School
Denver Public Schools Infinite Campus Parent Portal allows you access to accurate, current and confidential information about your child(ren)'s school attendance, grades, class assignments and more. Please see the technology page for more information about parent portal.
To Report an Absence: Call the attendance line (303.320.5570 extension 7402) and report the absence by 8:00 a.m. The parent/guardian needs to include the child’s name, date of absence, the reason for the absence and a contact number for the parent/guardian. The notification and explanation of the absence is only that and does not automatically excuse the absence.
As you know, we have many students arriving to and leaving from campus each day. It is very important that we all take responsibility for the safety of our students. There are two important areas that we ask you to focus on to help protect your students:
1. Traffic Safety
Each year it is important to remind ourselves and each other about safe driving practices on and near school grounds. We have had a couple of near misses in our parking lot recently and a couple of students knocked off bikes by cars in the Stapleton neighborhood earlier in the year. Please observe the following and keep our children safe.
- Only drop off students in the right hand traffic lane near the sidewalk. Never drop them off from the left pass through lane and send them between the cars to get to school.
- Stop at the crosswalk and allow students to cross before making the left hand turn at the bend in the traffic lane.
- Do not block traffic to load and unload your student. Move to the right hand drop off lane.
2. No Unsupervised Students On Campus
- It is not safe to leave your student unsupervised on school grounds or in the Stapleton neighborhood. Please be sure that you are arranging for prompt pick up of your student after school. We have received information from residents in the Stapleton neighborhood that they are concerned about vandalism and other inappropriate activities that are occurring due to unsupervised students in the neighborhood.
- Students are at times tempted to tell parents that they are involved in a school activity when really they are taking advantage of unsupervised time to meet with friends in the nearby neighborhood. Please remember that there is no CP/Refocus/Tutoring on Wednesdays or Fridays. If you have not received a CP/Refocus/Tutoring call or email other days of the week, your student has most likely not been assigned it. Unless you have signed a permission form to allow your student to participate in a specific after school activity, they are not allowed to participate in it. You will always have some form of communication or confirmation from the school if your student is truly participating in a school event.
RideArrangers Sign Up Information
RideArrangers is a program offered through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) that has been helping families in the region form school-related carpools. Please see the attached RideArranger document for instructions on how to sign-up for this program. You will need our school code to complete the RideArrangers registration. Please call or email 303.320.5570 ext6380 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our specific school code.